Diane Cassidy, R.N., R.S.S.W., B.A. Psychology, M.A. Registered Psychotherapist has been in private practice in Whitby for over 28 years and has over 30 years of experience working with individual, couples, and families.
She is a registered nurse, with her diploma as a Social Service worker, B.A. in Psychology, Masters of Art in Education, diploma in Health Care Administration, and has completed an advanced Family Mediation Diploma. Diane is Certified in Psycho-dramatic Bodywork. She is currently working on her Internal Family Systems Certification or IFS.
Diane is currently a member of the College of Registered Psychotherapist, the Registered Nurses Association of Ontario, the College of Nurses, and the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers.
Within her community she has served on the Board of Violence Prevention Co-ordinating Council, Co-chairs the Accountability Committee for Survivors of Women Abuse, The Ontario Women’s Health Network, Pride Committee’s and the Whitby Girls Hockey Association.
Diane has extensive experience as a nurse, therapist, and educator. She taught many courses at Durham College, and has worked with cancer patients, street youth, mental health clients, and their families.
Diane opened a book and self help store called Sacred Quest 12 years. The store is to support individuals on there healing journeys.
Diane is committed to life long learning and to helping individuals help themselves.
- Is to provide quality counselling services to all individuals across there life span.
- To help remove the stigma from receiving Counselling.
- To advocate for every person to have a therapist starting in teen years
- To make counselling accessible by providing a sliding scale and Counselling via Zoom(an online platform)
• To provide professional counselling
• To provide a comprehensive range of therapy
• To provide holistic, non-judgmental and accessible services
• To help facilitate the achievement of health, wellness; physically, emotionally and spiritually
• To promote change and growth
* To educate and inform when ever possible